M&M Brownies RecipeKim Beaulieu | Cravings of a Lunatic
M&M Brownies are a great treat for Easter. So festive!
Hello, Food Fanatic fans! I'm back with another easy chocolate recipe for you. I'm really digging being the resident chocolate addict.
It's a pretty cool gig.
My family and friends always ask me why I'm always in such a good mood. I usually tell them when you love your job it makes your life so much happier.
The real truth is when you consume as much chocolate and sugar as I do it's impossible not to be happy. I'm not sure I would be this happy if I was eating kale, or spinach.
Sure, my waistline would be smaller, but I'm at a point where I'm totally okay with not being a size 0 if it means I get to enjoy my favourite things more often.
I know they say dark chocolate is way healthier for you but I'm not a huge fan of it. We tend to love milk chocolate in this household.
All of us love it best.
There should be a new motto... "the family that eats milk chocolate together stays together". We all tend to love similar things.
M&M's are one of those things we all love.
Brownies just happens to be another love of the Beaulieu family. We really dig ooey, gooey, fudgy brownies.
In fact the more ooey, gooey and fudgy they are the better.
My daughter has a favourite brownie recipe. She loves it so much she rarely likes me to make any other kind.
It's why there are not a lot of brownie recipes on my site.
A friend shared a brownie recipe with me and it quickly became our go-to brownie recipe. We now use the best brownies in the world recipe for almost every brownie occasion.
If you like your brownies more cake-like you can add more flour to this recipe. That will give them a more cake-like texture.
We were happy keeping these ooey, gooey and fudgy.
We made two batches. I figure go big or go home.
That way we had more to share with family and friends. That's always the plan, then we eat 'em all up ourselves.
It's just how we roll.
Hope you enjoy these M&M Brownies. Swap the M&Ms you use to match any season.
I make peppermint ones for Christmas. I just use peppermint M&Ms, then toss peppermint extract in the brownies.
If you're an ice cream lover, try using my brownie recipe then whipping up a brownie sundae! You can also toss brownies in ice cream to make chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.
Both are equally awesome.
Get creative and have a blast with these. Pile a million M&M's on top or make fancy patterns.
Whatever puts a smile on your face. It's impossible to be in a bad mood while eating M&M Brownies!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
M&M Brownies Recipe
IngredientsFor the Brownies:
- 8 tablespoons Butter
- 2 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate M&Ms
- 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips, Melted and cooled
- 1 cup Butter
- 3 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-4 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2-1 cup Milk Chocolate M&Ms, For decorating
For the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line an 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together over low heat in a medium saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and add the sugar. Stir well.
- Now add your eggs and vanilla, stirring until it’s smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, flour and vanilla salt. Stir until well blended.
- Now add the 1/2 cup of M&M's to the batter. Stir just enough to combine.
- Pour into pan and smooth out the top.
- Place the pan in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, toothpick inserted should come out clean when done.
- Remove and cool on a rack.
For the Frosting:
- Melt the milk chocolate first so it has time to cool down considerably. You can melt it in the microwave, or use the double boiler method. Set aside once it's melted, you want it to cool a bit or it will make your frosting runny.
- Combine the butter and confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Mix on low-speed initially, then increase speed gradually. Cream the butter and sugar together for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate to the bowl, mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Now add the almond extract and 2 tablespoons of milk and mix again until smooth. If you find the frosting too thick you can add another 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk until you get the desired consistency you like.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies. Smooth out the top.
- Now add M&M's any which way you like. I put less on top to make it easier to cut the brownies. You can use more, less, or cut the brownies first then toss M&M's over top. Any way you decorate the top is perfection, I mean it's M&M's and brownies. There is no wrong way to do this.
- Serve with a big old M&M loving smile!
- Kim Beaulieu
- Cooking Method:
- Chocolate, Brownies, Bar Desserts, Candy, Easter, Baking, Baked, Desserts, Frosting
- Related Recipes:
- Chocolate Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Candy Recipes, Easter Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Frosting Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kim Beaulieu
Recipe Yields: 16 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving