Levain Double Chocolate Cookies RecipeAmanda Powell | A Cookie Named Desire
Giant, soft double chocolate cookies make the perfect treat for any occasion. Crisp on the outside, and irresistibly soft and gooey on the inside. They are everything.
These cookies were inspired by Levain Bakery who are famous for their amazing giant cookies.
I’ve been dreaming of going to visit them for years, and when I took my daughter to New York City I finally had that chance.
We tried one of each of their cookies and they were all amazing. The double chocolate chip cookies were definitely my favorite.
I really recommend adding in chocolate chunks or even chopped chocolate instead of chocolate chips in these double chocolate cookies.
This way you get pools of melty chocolate all throughout the inside.
For me, walnuts are necessary to add more flavor and texture, but I know not everyone likes it, so feel free to skip.
What I love most about these double chocolate cookies is that there is no chilling time necessary.
You go right from mixing to baking which is just perfect when you don’t want to wait too long.
Waiting for the cookies to cool is bad enough. You can chill or even freeze the cookie dough if you want.
Just remember to add a few more minutes to your baking time.
The baking time is also something you need to be careful of, especially considering the size of the cookies.
Levain Bakery says the inside should still be slightly under-baked and a little gooey. So, you don’t want it to be fully baked through.
Instead, you bake it as much as you can, then let it sit on the hot baking sheet for a few minutes so the bottom can set enough for you to transfer it.
In the end you get a nice and gooey interior and a crisp exterior.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Levain Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy - about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until the flour is mixed in.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and walnuts, if using.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions loosely in tall mounds. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove, then allow to sit on the baking sheet for another 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Best the same day, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Amanda Powell
- Cooking Method:
- Baking, Baked, Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Copycat, Copycat Desserts, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, Copycat Recipes, Copycat Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Powell
Recipe Yields: 10 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving