- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Ground Beef, (85%)
- 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce, (canned)
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Beef Broth, or Low-Sodium Beef Bone Broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Monkfruit Sweetener, or Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- pinch of Black Pepper
- Lettuce, for serving (choose your favorite)
- Cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped Parsley, for garnish (optional)
In a large frying pan, heat up the olive oil on medium high. Add in the green onions and cook one minute.
Add in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up as you cook it, about 5 minutes.
Whisk all the remaining ingredients, up to the parsley, together in a bowl. Pour into the cooked beef and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 9-10 minutes.
Spoon the mixture over lettuce and top with cheese and parsley, if desired.