Honey Lime Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Honey Lime Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas are my new crunchy, tangy go-to for a party, or for any ol’ weeknight when I want to add a little flair to the menu. They are loaded with guacamole, my favorite shrimp, pico de gallo, red onion slices, and queso fresco. It’s an easy meal that can be made in less than 30 minutes!
Meals in under 30 minutes - they are the best thing in the world, aren’t they?
As I write this post, I feel exhaustion sweeping through my brain and I find that my words are coming out jumbled.
Fun fact: it took me at least four tries to write that previous sentence, and I still feel like it doesn’t sound right. I think my brain is playing tricks on me…
Part of this is because of my stress ball of a brain not taking a rest, but I know a lot of it is because I’ve taken up boxing.
Holy. WOW. Boxing is a hell of a workout, and it seriously takes the life out of me. I’m only going a couple of times a week in between my other workouts, and I feel the burn.
LITERALLY. Every muscle is burning in my body, even when I am lying down.
SO, as you can imagine, all this exhaustion is making me not want to spend a ton of time cooking meals.
Therefore, 30-minute or less meals are my JAM right now.
This tostada recipe is all the flavorful, bright, and crunchy goodness you could ever want in a meal.
The shrimp is cooked in a honey lime mixture that is absolutely mouthwatering. It’s light and bright, with just the right amount of sweetness.
These shrimp balance out the other flavors in the tostadas in all the right ways.
Of course there’s guacamole, which you all know I can never live without. Then you get a bright hit from pico de gallo and a sharp note from freshly sliced red onions.
It’s so easy to pull together and it’s so filling! You can serve these not only as a meal, but they are also a great hearty appetizer or snack for a party.
Personally, I plan to whip these out for tailgating!
When would you serve these tostadas??
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Honey Lime Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas Recipe
IngredientsFor the Guacamole:
- 2 Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pound Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 dashes Ground Cayenne Peppers
- Canola Oil
- 8 Corn Tortillas, (small)
- Pico de Gallo
- Sliced Red Onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Queso Fresco
- Rinse shrimp with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the back of a fork until it’s smooth but still a little chunky. Stir in lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Set aside until ready to serve.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, add enough canola oil until it’s about 1/2 to 1 inch deep. Once hot, add small corn tortillas, frying them one at a time, on 30 seconds on each side. Remove once golden brown to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- In a separate medium skillet, add olive oil and butter for the shrimp. Once hot, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp and cook for a few minutes before adding the honey, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook until shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread each fried tortilla with equal amounts guacamole. Top with pico de gallo, shrimp, red onion, cilantro, and queso fresco. Serve with lime wedges.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Avocados, Tex Mex, Shrimp, Seafood, Guacamole, Easy Dinners, Easy, Limes, Sauteed
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Guacamole Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Recipes, Lime Recipes, Sauteed Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 tostadas
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 8 tostadas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving