Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa is exactly what you need to make for dinner tonight. Light, healthy, and full of flavor.
Our area of the country has been a bit behind when it comes to gaining fresh market stores and more organic foods. Thankfully though, we recently had a new store open in our area that offers LOTS of fresh items including seafood too.
It has become my favorite grocery store to shop at; to the point I plan my whole schedule around making it there on sale days just to load up. One day as I was walking through the store I noticed their salmon on sale, and it looked so tasty that I had to buy some to grill up for the weekend.
As soon as I got home, I was thinking of what to top the salmon with, and decided on a pineapple salsa topping to give it a little bit of flavor. I also decided to marinate the salmon in a bit of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
The easiest way I have found to make the warm pineapple salsa is to sauté it in a pan on the stove or if you have a burner beside the grill as we do, it’s simple to take it and do it outside. If you prefer you could also do it in a foil pack, and then top it over the salmon when it is done.
In our case, I went with the stovetop method. The pineapple was so juicy and flavorful it added a wonderful element to the salmon. There was no additional sauce needed because of the variety of flavors that it had. The salmon was perfectly grilled and paired wonderfully with a baked potato and grilled romaine salad.
We ended up eating this outside at our picnic table on a beautiful day, it was one of those days that I wish I could bottle up and have every single day.
We’ll definitely be having this regularly.
How do you prefer to serve salmon?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Sweet Onion, Sliced
- 1 Lime
For the Salmon:
- Place salmon filets on a sheet of foil.
- Combine the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and then lightly pour over the salmon.
- Fold up the foil to wrap the salmon filets and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Place the filets on a heated grill, keeping it on medium-high heat, and grill on each side for 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is completely cooked.
For the Salsa:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, warm up the olive oil, then place the pineapple chunks and onion in the pan.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime in the pan and then let this sauté and simmer for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and warmed.
- Serve the pineapple salsa over the salmon.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Easy Dinners, Grilling, Dinners, Grilled, Fish, Salmon, Pineapples, Salsa
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Fish Recipes, Salmon Recipes, Pineapple Recipes, Salsa Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 105 minutes
Amount Per Serving