Gluten Free Turkey Sausage Gravy RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
This gluten free turkey sausage gravy is going to get your morning started. It’s so good over warm biscuits!
One of my favorite foods before I went gluten-free was biscuits & gravy. I actually craved it so badly when I was pregnant with my first son. Of course, then I couldn’t figure out why I would get sick after eating it until about a year or so later when I realized that I had gluten intolerance.
Now, I never get that delicious order of biscuits & gravy from our local restaurant instead I just make it at home. Honestly, I think it’s better made at home, so I don’t feel like I’m missing out.
I always like to add a little meat into our gravy, this time I opted for a turkey sausage. I’ve learned you can easily season ground turkey, beef, or pork to have a great sausage taste to it with the right seasonings.
The key is the fennel in most cases. I add a little bit of seasoning to the turkey and brown it in a skillet, then mix it into delicious white gravy. I like to serve ours topped over warm gluten-free biscuits.
Of course, it isn’t always an everyday thing to have a big breakfast in the morning, but on Saturday mornings it’s our tradition to have a big breakfast around the table. It’s honestly my favorite day of the week all because of our breakfast tradition.
We don’t always get to do it every Saturday but we try to do as many as we can. My husband usually takes charge of it and then I get to sit and enjoy a tasty breakfast with a big cup of coffee before we get the day started.
I especially love this in the summer time when we can just linger a bit longer at the breakfast table, and then stay up a little later in the evenings too.
What are some of your favorite breakfast foods? I’m certain you will enjoy this Gluten-Free Turkey Sausage Gravy & Biscuits.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Turkey Sausage Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Gluten Free Biscuits, to serve
- Brown the turkey in a medium skillet on medium-high heat; add in the fennel seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, and sage. Cook until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour, and then whisk in the milk.
- Whisk well for about 5 minutes just to a slight boil, adding in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Once done, remove from heat and mix in the cooked sausage.
- Serve topped over warm biscuits.
- Kristy Still
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Breakfasts, Brunches, Family Meals and Snacks, Turkey, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Turkey Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving