Gluten Free Peppermint Cookies RecipeShashi Charles | Savory Spin
Deliciously soft, these Gluten Free Peppermint Cookies are perfect for holiday gifting. Glancing at their ingredient list might have you and your family enjoying these for breakfast too!
I recently brought home a bag of Ghirardelli peppermint baking chunks and I’ve been helpless around them.
Almost as helpless as my doggos get around a jar of these Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Treats!
I’m sitting here thinking how did I not try these in years passed but I don’t recall seeing these at any of the grocery stores I frequent…
By the way, this is not a sponsored post. These are just the rantings of a food blogger in a peppermint chunk foodie coma!
When I picked up a bag of these peppermint baking chunks, my intentions were to bake up all things peppermint.
I envisioned peppermint scones, peppermint muffins, peppermint bars and even remaking these peppermint bites.
But, before I knew it, that bag of peppermint chunks was half full. If I had rats at home, I’d blame them – but, snacking on handfuls every time I got a cup of coffee is the main culprit.
So, before any more of those peppermint baking chunks disappeared into my pie-hole, I decided to whip up a batch of these Gluten Free Peppermint Cookies.
I made these Peppermint Cookies with a combination of peanut butter and coconut oil instead of butter. By the miracle that is baking, that peanut butter taste doesn’t seem to overwhelm the peppermint flavor in these cookies — kind of like in these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies.
I also used flax meal and rolled oats for a nutritional kick. After eating all those handfuls of peppermint chunks, I was trying to set the nutritional scales in balance again by cramming as much better-for-me stuff as I could into these Peppermint Cookies.
These cookies also have a handful of pecan pieces thrown in, making them a tasty texture-rific treat.
With this ingredient list, you could even enjoy these Peppermint Cookies for breakfast — it is the season for holiday cheer after all, right?
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Flax Meal
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Peppermint Baking Chunks, such as Ghirardelli
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place peanut butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until both are runny. Mix them well with a whisk.
- Then add in brown sugar and mix well with whisk.
- Add in the eggs and whisk well.
- Then add in the flax meal, gluten free flour, rolled oats, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt and whisk together.
- Chop up the pecan pieces and peppermint chunks and add these to the other ingredients as well and whisk well. The dough will be wet but won’t stick to your hands.
- Using a spoon and your hand, form spoonsfuls of dough into rough circles and place on parchment lined baking tray or silpat lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Shashi Charles
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Desserts, Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free, Cookies, Peppermint, Desserts, Baking, Baked, Holidays, Christmas
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Peppermint Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Christmas Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Shashi Charles
Recipe Yields: 16 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Amount Per Serving