Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops RecipeShashi Charles | Savory Spin
With a slightly crisp outer layer and a deliciously soft middle, these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops are packed with lemon zest, cardamom and plump blueberries. Also dairy free, these baked goods are delicious for a weekend breakfast with a cup of your favorite coffee.
Do you remember that Seinfeld episode that involved Elaine and muffin tops?
If I recall correctly – in this episode, Elaine shared her love of muffin tops (the baked variety) as well as opening a muffin-top only store, with her boss.
In order to get these muffins tops, whole muffins were baked, and the muffin top was pulled off the bottom or stump of the muffin. Of course, no one wanted the stumps and I don’t blame them.
There have been way too many times when I have picked at a bakery/store bought muffin, nibbled off the top of it and left the stump behind for another day (that usually doesn’t come).
Well, recently, I stumbled on a recipe video for making Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Muffin Tops with a streusel topping. And, that got me thinking.
I figured I would start my own adventure in muffin-top baking with these Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops ~ which are inspired by those Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Muffin Tops with a streusel topping.
These Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops are gluten free and lactose free ~ but not taste free.
I made these muffins with a combination of gluten free all-purpose flour and almond flour. I also used coconut milk and coconut oil, but if coconut isn’t your thing, then you can substitute vegan butter or regular butter.
And, if gluten is your friend, you could also use regular all-purpose flour instead of gluten free flour.
When you are ready to place scoops of this Lemon Blueberry Muffin Top mix on a baking tray, make sure to space them out.
Unlike these Lemon Blueberry cookies, these muffin tops need plenty of room to expand while they bake.
When they are just out of the oven, I would strongly urge you to let them sit on a baking rack until they cool down a little as oven-hot blueberries bursting in your mouth isn’t a whole lotta fun!
I speak from experience, y’all. By the way, these muffin tops last about four days in an air-tight container in your fridge – I cannot speak for linger as four days is the longest these have lasted.
This recipe results in four muffin tops, but you can easily double or triple the quantities of ingredients to make more ~ as I hope you will do this weekend!
However, if you would like to make some whole muffins, then check out these gluten free Lemon Muffins.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops Recipe
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- zest from one whole and juice from half a Lemon
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add gluten free all-purpose flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom to a bowl and stir well.
- Then add in the beaten egg, coconut milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix well with a spoon.
- Add in the lemon zest and juice and blueberries and gently fold in so blueberries don’t break.
- Then, pile 4 roughly equal mounds of dough onto a baking tray – making sure they are spaced far apart.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Shashi Charles
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free Baking, Gluten Free, Muffins, Breakfasts, Brunches, Quick Bread, Baked, Baking, Lemons, Blueberries
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Baked Recipes, Baking Recipes, Lemon Recipes, Blueberry Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 muffin tops
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Shashi Charles
Recipe Yields: 4 muffin tops
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Amount Per Serving