Gluten Free Bananas Foster Pancakes RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten free bananas foster pancakes are topped with scrumptious caramelized bananas. They’re lick-the-plate worthy!
Do you love a delicious Bananas Foster dessert? What if you could have it for breakfast? Well, with these Bananas Foster Pancakes, you can! I made Bananas Foster Pancakes a few years back; however, I made them with a regular pancake mix so sadly I couldn’t enjoy them.
I decided to remake those tasty pancakes with a gluten-free version of pancakes. My entire family LOVED them. It was sort of like having candy for breakfast.
Saturday is our morning for a nice, big breakfast so typically that’s when I would make these or in the evenings it would be breakfast for dinner. I definitely don’t have much time in the mornings to make a full breakfast but on Saturday we take it slow and enjoy the morning with breakfast around the table.
It’s actually my favorite day of the week for that very reason. It seems like in the summer months too we have a little bit more time to linger around the table in the mornings, so I’m anxious for summer to arrive too.
Now, let’s talk about these Bananas Foster Pancakes. The bananas are caramelized with melted butter and maple syrup, plus we like to add more maple syrup and cinnamon to the top of ours as well. The pancakes are easy to make with a gluten-free all purpose flour, it was a simple switch of flour and we were in pancake making business.
This pancake recipe happens to be one of my favorites. It was one of the first recipes passed on to me when I started blogging by a friend of mine. Now, to this day, I still use it regularly but I swap the flour out so that my son and I can take part in the pancake goodness too.
Once you top them with Bananas Foster plus a little extra warm Maple Syrup, these just melt in your mouth!
What are some foods you enjoy for breakfast?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Gluten Free Bananas Foster Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 Bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well to form the batter.
- Warm up a skillet or griddle and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Add a large spoonful of batter to the griddle or skillet and cook the pancakes on one side until they start to bubble up, then carefully flip and cook until done.
- While the pancakes are cooking, warm up the butter in a medium-size saucepan and add in the bananas and syrup. Cook this on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes or until the bananas are caramelized.
- Serve the pancakes with a scoop of the bananas and dash of cinnamon plus additional syrup if desired.
- Kristy Still
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Pancakes, Breakfasts, Brunches, Bananas, Family Meals and Snacks, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Pancake Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Banana Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 pancakes
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 12 pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving