Garlic Baked Chicken RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Garlic Baked Chicken - Crispy oven baked chicken coated with plenty of garlic. Ready in minutes and the whole family will love it!
Baked chicken is kind of a staple in a lot of households. But it can be boring, right?
I grew up having chicken breasts, probably at least once a week for dinner. They were seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic salt and paprika.
Yep, just about as exciting as it sounds!
Southwest Baked Chicken is one of my favorite ways to mix up a baked chicken breast. There you have taco seasoning, salsa and cheese.
Not complicated, but full of flavor! Today we are making it crispy and adding in lots of garlic!
How to Bake A Chicken Breast
- The key to making it taste good and not boring is seasoning. That can be spices you sprinkle over the top, or a sauce you cook it in.Chicken is a blank canvas and really takes on the flavor of what you put with it. So really add anything! Pesto, salsa, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, olive oil & Greek seasoning...you name it!
Chicken breasts come in all different sizes, so you have to use the time on the recipe as a guide. At my grocery store half the time I buy chicken it is a full pound for one piece. So, I have to cut it into reasonable sized portions, but they are always rather thick.
I cook mine for longer. You can buy frozen chicken in 4-6 oz portions, those are thin and will cook much quicker.
- Oven temperature is important. If you want your chicken crispy, like this in this garlic baked chicken, you have to have a higher oven temp. But if you are just baking with seasonings or in a sauce than 350°F is fine.
- Do not overcook. Chicken breasts dry out very quickly. So use a meat thermometer to help you. Chicken cooks to 165°F. Check it and make sure you don't go over, or you will have dry chicken and will not be happy.
This baked chicken breast recipe has been a staple for years!! I think this was one of the first things I ever learned how to make in college.
I remember following along in a magazine my mom had and making roasted potatoes to go with it. It has been updated a little bit over the years, but still a favorite!
You can serve just about any side dish you want with this baked chicken. Pan-Charred Asparagus is super easy and a delicious way to go!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup Cold Milk
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 4-6 ounces
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large plastic bag combine panko, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix until combined.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then toss in the panko mixture. Shake off any excess and place on a 13x9 inch baking sheet.
- Mix together garlic and melted butter. Drizzle over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- You can turn on the boiler for the last few minutes of cooking to get extra crispy and golden chicken.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Chicken, Baked, Garlic, Dinners, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Baked Recipes, Garlic Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving