Zucchini Cornbread Muffins are incredibly moist and tender with an irresistible sweet corn flavor. Perfect for a quick breakfast, snack or dunking in a bowl of vegetarian chili.
You may have noticed, I’ve got a thing for zucchini lately.
This summer we’ve been using our toaster oven to broil snackable zucchini rounds, bake cheesy zucchini and lemon ricotta flatbreads, and whip up a light dinner for two with these roasted zucchini and tomato crostini.
But I’ve saved the best zucchini recipe for last...Zucchini Cornbread Muffins!
These muffins are everything you want in a good corn muffin: Lightly sweetened. Tender middles. Crispy edges.
The gorgeous bright green shredded zucchini isn’t just for looks either. It (along with a little yogurt) makes the muffins moist without being soggy.
Though my favorite ingredient has to be the whole corn kernels. When you bite into one, there’s an unexpected crunch and then the kernel bursts delivering even more delicious sweet corn flavor.
Best of all, the recipe couldn’t be easier. It uses simple pantry ingredients and just ONE BOWL!
A Few Tips for Your Zucchini Cornbread Muffins
- Squeezing the water out of your shredded zucchini is a must, otherwise you’ll end up with a mushy soggy mess.
- For the most light and tender muffins use a plain yogurt that has some fat in it.
- For a denser cornbread muffin, skip the yogurt. They’ll still be tender but with a heartier crumb.
- Don’t be worried if the batter is a little on the thick side, it’s okay, you’re making cornbread not a cupcake!
- The muffins won’t be browned when they are ready. Instead look for the tops to be springy and dry to the touch. A toothpick inserted in the center of one should come out clean or with a few crumbs attached. If you see wet batter, keep baking.
- After the first day, store leftover muffins in the fridge or freeze them for later.
There’s no need for butter on these zucchini cornbread muffins. They’re tender and tasty served plain.
But there’s no reason you can’t make your little muffin even more delicious with a smear of salted butter and strawberry preserves!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!