Our Cinnamon Toast Crunch cocktail recipe is a delicous RumChata drink that tastes like your favorite cereal in an adult drink. Cheers!
I had heard about RumChata a bunch of times and had seen it mentioned several times when esearching cocktail recipes. It’s always intrigued me but I had never made the move to try it until just recently.
We went to a friend’s house for dinner the other night and after we ate he brought out a bottle of RumChata. Finally, I was going to get to try this stuff!
First we drank it straight up, which tasted way better than I had thought it would, and then we started mixing it up into different cocktails and shots. It was super fun [and tasty] playing with different RumChata drink recipes.
- Mix RumChata and Kahlua to make a cinnamon bun cocktail
- Combine RumChata and Goldschalger to make cinnamon grahams
- Add RumChata to cherry bourbon makes a cherry pie cocktail
- There's also Jennie's caramel cinnamon martini made with RumChata
One of the more infamous Rumchata Drinks is the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot. It is made simply by combining RumChata with Fireball Whiskey.
Turns out, it's really quite tasty! But it wasn't quite good enough for me.
I definitely wanted to kick up the vanilla flavors and tone down the cinnamon from the Fireball. Fireball whiskey cinnamon tastes a lot different to me than sugary cinnamon toast crunch cereal.
It’s more like red hot candy spice, not warm and sugary spice like the cereal.
To get more vanilla flavor I added vanilla vodka to the mix and rimmed the glass with cinnamon sugar. The flavors were perfect, strong enough to be a good drink, but warm enough flavors that everyone will like.
The resulting combination is a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cocktail that is creamy, packed with cinnamon flavor and, honestly, pretty irresistible. The balance of flavors is really good even though it's on the sweeter side of the cocktail spectrum.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail Ingredients
- RumChata - RumChata is a delicious cream liqueur with flavors of rum, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar.
- Vanilla vodka - Vanilla vodka adds a warm creaminess to the flavor of this cocktail
- Fireball Whiskey - Fireball Whiskey or a similar cinnamon spicy whiskey is necessary for this RumChata drink
- Cinnamon sugar - Delicious cinnamon sugar adds a nostalgic cereal-inspired touch to this cocktail
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktails
- Pour water or simple syrup onto a plate, then gently dip your glass to wet the rim.
- Pour cinnamon sugar onto another plate or into a shallow bowl at least as wide as your glass. Dip or roll the rim of your glass through the cinnamon sugar until evenly coated.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add RumChata, vanilla vodka and Fireball. Shake until well combined and very cold.
- Add ice to your rimmed cocktail glass. Pour RumChata mixture over top. Sip and enjoy!
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shots
Some people prefer to serve these RumChata drinks as cinnamon toast crunch shots. While this recipe makes 1 cocktail, you can easily split it between 4 or 5 shooter glasses to serve it as cinnamon toast crunch shots when friends are over for a fun evening.
Serve these Cinnamon Toast Crunch cocktails for dessert along with a crunchy cookie for dipping and the meal is complete!
And don’t you just like saying the name?
Love this recipe? The try this Cap'n Crunch shot recipe too!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!