This copycat Texas Roadhouse butter recipe is just as yummy as the original. Use it on homemade rolls, bread, potatoes or toast - everyone will love it!
Everyone loves the Texas Roadhouse butter, am I right? You know the stuff. It's a sweet, cinnamon butter that is irresistible.
"I could have made a meal out of their rolls and cinnamon honey butter!"
How often do we hear this after a meal at Texas Roadhouse?? It seems like every. single. time.
Ok so maybe I'm the person who says that every single time, but I know I'm not alone! That Texas Roadhouse butter recipe is the stuff of dreams.
If I'm really honest, I could eat that Texas Roadhouse butter with a spoon which, you know, wouldn't be super socially appropriate. So I figure this is one of those things that might be good to make at home.
Where there's a little privacy...and my own spoons.
And if you happen to have a little more self control, and don't feel the need to scoop your Texas Roadhouse butter into an ice cream dish topped with caramel sauce, it's still a recipe worth keeping in your back pocket.
Texas Roadhouse Butter Ingredients
- Butter - You'll need softened, salted butter warmed to room temperature. Do not put it in the microwave to heat it up! This will alter the consistency of your Texas Roadhouse butter.
- Powdered sugar - To keep the right consistency, do not subsitute granulated sugar for powdered sugar.
- Honey - Delicious honey adds both flavor and lends to the creaminess of the finished cinnamon butter.
- Cinnamon - Use your favorite ground cinnamon - a higher quality cinnamon will add so much flavor.
What to Serve with Texas Roadhouse Butter
Consider adding this compound butter to other recipes. Stick some in some chocolate chip cookies, or your favorite muffin recipe.
Find ways to whip up scones for slathering it on, or just keep it on the table for toast.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy this Texas Roadhouse honey butter without needing to bake up the matching Texas Roadhouse rolls, though if you want to do that, I highly encourage you to do so.
Your family will be super impressed with this special touch at meal time! You don't even have to leave the house to have that classic, delicious butter.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Butter
- Allow salted butter to warm to room temperature. As mentioned above, do NOT put it in the microwave or in any other way speed up the warming process. This was change the texture and consistency of the butter.
- Place softened, room temperature butter in a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Add honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator in a mason jar or other air tight container.
- Remove from the frige 30 minutes before serving to allow your cinnamond butter to soften slightly.
How to Make Compound Butter
I mentioned this above, but you might not know that this butter is what we a compound butter. Effectively compound butter is regular ol' butter made better by the addition of other flavors.
In the case of this Texas Roadhouse butter recipe it's honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon, but compound butters can be made with lots of different ingredients.
Think garlic, paprika and cheddar. Or pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
Maybe even cayenne pepper and ranch seasoning, for a Buffalo-sauce styled butter. With butter as your base, any flavor profile is going to taste amazing!
What Do You Eat with Cinnamon Butter?
Here are a few favorite ways to use this easy Texas Roadhouse butter recipe!
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls - These copycat Texas Roadhouse rolls are light, buttery and actually made to pair with this delicious cinnamon honey butter.
- Banana Bread - Pair a classic delicious banana bread with cinnamon butter for a treat you can't resist.
- Muffins - This butter is amazing on muffins like these apple pecan streusel muffins.
- Toast - You don't have to do any fancy baking - toast also tastes amazing with this Texas Roadhouse butter!
- Pancakes - Your next shortstack is practically begging for a smear of cinnamon butter - try these zucchini bread pancakes with Texas Roadhouse butter!
- Cornbread - Texas Roadhouse butter is a win when paired with a classic cornbread.
- French Toast - Cinnamon butter is the perfect topping for a classic French toast recipe made with lots of cinnamon.
- Dinner Rolls - Classic dinner rolls or flaky drop biscuits are another favorite way to eat cinnamon butter.
Whip up a quick batch right now, it only takes a minute! And don't forget, you can make your own Texas Roadhouse chili too!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!