Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp are full of delicious flavors. This is an easy dinner to make just like every night should be!
Summer barbecuing and lazy night dinners are in full swing at our house. There is nothing better than sitting on the patio with a nice cold ice tea after cooking dinner in less than thirty minutes.
These shrimp skewers are perfect for celebrating al fresco dining and they are on my week night menus often.
At any given time, I always have several bags of frozen shrimp in my freezer. They are so easy to defrost and cook on the grill.
I don’t always remember to plan dinner in advance but when I see the bag of shrimp in my freezer, I know I can have dinner on the table for my family very quickly.
I defrost them in a colander under cold running water, marinate to infuse flavor, skewer them and then grill. If you have younger children, they can help make this dinner too.
These Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp go with many different side dishes and tortellini pasta salad is always a good compliment. It is another summer favorite in my family.
Another one of my personal favorites is tomato and chick pea salad. I really like salads that have a vinegar dressing as they are outdoor friendly, especially when it is hot out.
When making these shrimp skewers, I have a few tips to make dinner as easy as possible. Soak the skewers in water if you can beforehand.
This eliminates the end of the skewers from burning. Also coat the grill with a little cooking spray as you will never have to worry about anything sticking.
I use the sprays that are made specifically for grills.
Gather all your ingredients before you start cooking and clean up while the shrimp are marinating so dinner will be a breeze.
Why don’t you put these grilled shrimp skewers on your menu the next time you’d like to grill? I hope they are a favorite of yours just like they are in my family.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- 1 Lime, large, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 pound Shrimp, medium to large, shelled and deveined
- In a medium size bowl, mix together lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, honey, olive oil, salt and cilantro. Add shrimp and mix well.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. Thread 6 shrimp on a skewer and set on a plate. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook shrimp on medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Garnish with extra cilantro if desired.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Grilling, Summer, Seafood, Shrimp, Cilantro, Limes, Family Meals and Snacks, Grilled
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Summer Recipes, Seafood Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Cilantro Recipes, Lime Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Grilled Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving