Learn how to make Chori Pollo - the flavor-packed Mexican family meal that's on the table in just 30 minutes!
What do you get if you combine seasoned chicken, caramelized onions, delicious chorizo and gooey melted cheese?
You get Chori Pollo (pronounced 'shore-ee-poy-oh') - the Mexican meal that's about to become your family's new favorite!
Chori Pollo translates to chorizo chicken - a killer combination that's hearty, flavorful and keto friendly too!
A quick and easy dinner
Once you've prepared this meal once, it's a recipe you'll come back to over and over again because it's just so darned easy! And if you need to save even MORE time on those busy weeknights, you can even use leftover - or rotisserie - chicken instead of the uncooked chicken breasts.
Chorizo is a spicy pork sausage, usually cured with paprika. You can find Spanish and Mexican chorizo in stores - we've used the Mexican kind in this recipe. There are sweet varieties of chorizo available if you (or your kids) don't want your Chori Pollo to be too hot. We find that the sweetness of the caramelized onion really helps balance out the heat in this dish.
This recipe uses chorizo links, but you could also use cooked chorizo in a pinch.
How to serve Chori Pollo
- Put it into tacos (either soft or hard) or burritos
- Put inside corn tortillas for a gluten-free option
- Serve with nachos or chips
- Serve over regular or Mexican rice (or, for a keto-friendly option, cauliflower rice)
- Pair with a side of refried beans and Pico de Gallo
- Serve with a blob of soured cream and some sliced avocado
- Top with a squeeze of lime and a handful of chopped cilantro, and enjoy it just as it comes!
Chori Pollo is one of those great meals that seems to taste even better when reheated the next day and it actually keeps well for several days in the fridge. It freezes well too - so why not make a double batch and have this magnificent Mexican meal on hand ahead of time!