Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies bring together chocolate chips and Oreos in every bite. Two classics combined!
When I was little, I thought that ‘cookies and cream’ was like the most amazing ice cream flavor ever invented. I think it was because it was wildly different in my five year old mind’s eye than my dad’s more traditional butter pecan or mint chocolate chip.
I loved the marbled appearance, the smooth and then surprising cookie crunch of the texture, and the creamy melted pools speckled with cookie crumbs left in the bottom of my bowl.
So when I started working on this recipe for chocolate chip Oreo cookies, I knew I wanted to mimic all the wonderful things about my childhood favorite flavor of ice cream, but in a little bite of cookie.
I could have gone all melt-y butter and brown sugar with my dough, like with my favorite best big fat chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I sort of felt like the Oreos would be an afterthought. I was looking for the swirly crushed cookies within a cookie, studded with chocolate chips.
I wanted each bite to be chocolate set against a pale vanilla backdrop.
And then I decided on pudding cookies.
Adding a package of instant vanilla pudding does amazing things to all sorts of baked goods, and with cookies it is no different. It lends the pretty pale color of vanilla ice cream, along with the softest sort of velvety texture to every bite.
There’s not even a teaspoon of granulated sugar in this recipe, but the taste is totally different than any other brown sugar laden cookies I’ve ever tasted.
The Oreos offer up the perfect chocolate crunch in every bite, and if you catch these while they are still warm, the chocolate chips melt in the most perfect way.
If you love adding Oreos to your baked treats, you might also like this Birthday Cake Oreo birthday cake, these Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies, or this Oreo ice cream cake!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 ounces Vanilla Pudding Mix, Instant
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 large Egg, Plus 1 large egg white
- 10 oreos (Oreos, Crumbled and crushed
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant pudding, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg plus egg white and mix until just combined.
- Add the flour-pudding mixture and mix until the dough is moist all the way through. Then stir in the crushed Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter onto the prepared cookie sheets by the rounded teaspoon (these cookies are small!) about 2" apart.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool slightly before removing them from the cookie sheet.
- Heather Tullos
- Based on the Nestle recipe for Pudding Chip Cookies
- Cooking Method:
- Cookies, Baking, Baked, Desserts, Oreos, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Related Recipes:
- Cookie Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Oreo Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 30 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Source: Based on the Nestle recipe for Pudding Chip Cookies
Recipe Yields: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving