Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes will delight any crowd at a holiday event. A perfect side.
As the holidays came and went in a hurry, the food did not. I mean that in a variety of ways, for instance that weight I’m probably still carrying around found me with all that good food. Then, also I was able to try so many new dishes from friends, it was well worth that extra weight!
A friend of mine made one of the foods that I fell in love with, baked mashed potatoes. This was actually one of the first times that I recall seeing them made this way. Do you make them this way? I am hooked now!
I knew that I would be making those again soon but with a few twists. I wanted ours to be cheesy and have that loaded baked potato feel, but in mashed potato form. This dish was exactly that. It can easily be topped with bacon, chives, and veggies to your preference.
I decided to add in butter, milk, sour cream, and cream cheese then a dash of garlic salt. I topped the entire dish with sharp cheddar cheese. It can also be topped with bacon and chives too. Once they are ready to go, I simply baked them in the oven until they harden just a bit. I let them sit and cool a few minutes, and then we dug in.
Perfection! They tasted like a baked potato, just mashed. My entire family enjoyed these. They also fill a 9x13-baking dish, making them perfect for potlucks and parties.
We paired ours with ham for dinner making a comfy cozy meal. These would be perfect for an Easter or Thanksgiving meal to add a little something extra to your traditional mashed potato dishes. When we have holiday meals ham or turkey and potatoes just go together, so they are always on our table.
Do you serve mashed potatoes for holiday meals? If so, what is your favorite way to serve them?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Cheesy Baked Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Russet Potato, About 5 medium size
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon, Optional
- Chives, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- While the oven is preheating, peel and boil the potatoes until they become soft. This typically will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes, then place them in a mixing bowl along with the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, and garlic salt.
- Mix these well and then spread evenly in a greased 9x13-baking dish.
- Top with cheese, bacon, and chives if preferred.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Baking
- Gluten Free, Gluten Free Baking, Baking, Baked, Side Dishes, Casseroles, Cheese, Potatoes, Easy, Thanksgiving, Easter, Party Food
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Potato Recipes, Easy Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Party Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Amount Per Serving