Charred Caesar Salad Avocado Tacos RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Charred Caesar Salad Avocado Tacos are the way that I make salad something I actually CRAVE! A simple caesar marinade for the chicken really brings out the classic flavors of the salad, and the char from the grill gives the tacos a nice, smoky flavor. Taco night just got a whole lot more interesting!
If you know me at all, you know that I am NOT a huge fan of salad. In preparation for a big upcoming trip, I have been forced to embrace the salad world…
I do this every year when I know we are going to be gone for a couple of weeks. I hate to limit myself on food when I travel, because half of the reasons I travel is to eat and drink.
Therefore, I try to lose the weight I know I will inevitably gain on the trip, so I don’t come back too bloated.
So salads are my friend, and I have to try to find new ways to enjoy them.
Therefore, this charred caesar salad avocado taco recipe was invented.
I actually like caesar salad, but it can get pretty boring eating it the same way time and time again.
Making the salad into tacos was a pure stroke of genius. Instead of just adding the salad to a taco shell, there’s a little bit more to these bad boys.
The chicken is marinated in a caesar dressing marinade, then it’s grilled along with the romaine hearts so everything gets a little smoke to it.
After that, you combine it all in a taco shell with some creamy avocado, crispy bacon, and some parmesan shavings (because who doesn’t love cheese?!).
It's a crunchy, crispy, savory, smoky, and fresh explosion in your mouth. Basically it’s an entire plated meal in a tortilla!
Seriously, if you are trying to love salad (or are weird and really love salad), this recipe is for Y-O-U.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Charred Caesar Salad Avocado Tacos Recipe
IngredientsFor the Chicken:
- 2 Chicken Breasts, halved
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2-3 slices Sourdough Bread, (thick)
- 1/3 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Avocado, diced
- juice of one Lemon
- 8 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Whisk together Caesar salad dressing, olive oil, and garlic for the chicken together in a medium bowl. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill. Grease grill grates lightly with oil.
- Drizzle the cut side of romaine hearts with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil each. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper for the salad.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Add chicken, romaine hearts, and bread slices to the grill. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken and bread halfway through cooking. You may need to cook the chicken for more time depending on how thick your chicken is. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165˚F when done.
- Roughly chop lettuce and add to a medium bowl. Add Caesar dressing for the salad, avocado, and lemon juice. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Chop grilled bread slices into small cubes.
- Slice grilled chicken into strips.
- To assemble, add chicken to the tortillas, dividing the meat evenly. Top with charred romaine salad, crispy bacon, and shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Tacos, Salads, Chicken, Dressings, Grilled, Dinners, Tortillas
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Taco Recipes, Salad Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Dressing Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Tortilla Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Marinating Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 265 minutes
Amount Per Serving