Boozy Pumpkin Chai Latte RecipeShanna Schad | Pineapple & Coconut
Boozy Pumpkin Chai Latte is just the right amount of warmth you need. Sip in front of the fire after skiing.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Boozy Pumpkin Chai Latte Recipe
IngredientsFor the Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 Spiced Chai Tea Bags
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Chai Concentrate, Like Oregon Chai or Tazo
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 15 ounce can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree, Not seasoned pie filling
- 2-4 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Star Anise and Cinnamon Sticks, For garnish
To Make the Whipped Cream:
- Whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks and add in the maple syrup and bourbon and whip again.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if desired.
- Chill until ready to use.
To Make the Lattes:
- Bring the water to a boil in a small sauce pan. Add the tea bags and let steep 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add the chai concentrate, honey, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to the sauce pan. Bring the mixture up until it just reaches a simmer, whisking as you go.
- Taste for sweetness level, adding more honey if needed.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher or bowl, stir in the bourbon.
- Divide the lattes into Irish coffee cups or large mugs, top with maple sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and garnish with whole star anise and cinnamon sticks if desired. Serve immediately.
- The sweetened chai concentrate is optional. I found the drink to be on the weaker side just using tea bags, and very bitter if using more tea bags and or steeping longer. The combination of the chai tea bags and the concentrate is the best combination that I tested. Plus it adds a little bit more pumpkin flavor to the drink.
- Shanna Schad
- Cooking Method:
- Cocktails, Pumpkin, Drinks, Fall, Tea, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Cocktail Recipes, Pumpkin Recipes, Drink Recipes, Fall Recipes, Tea Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Shanna Schad
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving