- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Melted Butter, cooled
- 1 cup Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons Coarse Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, divided
- Powdered Sugar, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8" round cake pan.
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the butter, ricotta, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until everything is well-combined.
Add the flour, salt, nutmeg, ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir until just combined.
Pour the batter into the pan, and scatter the blueberries evenly over the top.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
While the cake is baking, mix the coarse sugar with the remaining
Take the cake from the oven, and sprinkle the top heavily with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Let the cake cool, and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.