Banana Nutella Snack Cake will bake up sweet and simple. It's the perfect match to your afternoon cup of tea.
So, for the next few weeks I will be brainstorming and looking up new ideas for brownies, cheesecake, muffins, and fruit parfaits. I’m also going to be making a few of my favorite recipes from the blog too.
This Lemon Strawberry Snack Cake is one of my favorite cakes to make whenever I have to bring something for a breakfast or brunch. So, it is definitely on my list for the breakfast table.
I love tweaking and changing recipes, so this week I decided to make a banana cake using that snack cake recipe as the base.
There was a bunch of ripe bananas sitting on our counter that needed used and a jar of Nutella in the pantry calling my name.
The rest of the bananas are still sitting here waiting for me to make another batch of these Double Chocolate Banana Muffins.
Although, they may just sit here until I get tired of seeing them, and then I will freeze them for smoothies or ice cream.
Did you know that you can substitute banana puree for eggs in most recipes? Did you also know that you can use Greek yogurt in place of eggs too?
Just a random baking tip in case you or someone you know needs an eggless recipe.
The original cake recipe calls for four eggs, but I substituted the bananas and yogurt instead. I wanted the cake to be more like a Danish.
In my mind using fruit and yogurt makes this cake acceptable for breakfast. I was so excited when I pulled the baking sheet out of the oven and saw that this banana cake recipe had baked up perfectly.
This breakfast cake is going on the list to make for the event too because it was absolutely amazing! Our family couldn’t stop grabbing bites of this delicious banana cake all weekend long.
Hhhmmm…maybe I should use those extra ripe bananas to make another one of these snack cakes instead of the muffins.
Tips for making a Banana Nutella Snack Cake:
- Line a 15x10 sheet pan with foil and spray it with nonstick spray. This will keep your cake from sticking to the pan later.
- Mix the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the yogurt and banana and mix again.
- Slowly beat in the flour, baking powder, and salt until a sticky dough comes together. Reserve 1 cup of the batter for the top of the cake.
- Drop the remaining dough on the prepared pan. Use an angled spatula to spread the dough out evenly on the pan.
- Mix the Nutella and softened cream cheese together. Drop this mixture by spoonfuls on top of the dough. Gently spread the cheesecake mixture out using a spatula or the back of a spoon. Make sure to leave a 1-inch border all around the outside edge of the cake.
- Drop the reserved dough by spoonfuls on top of the Nutella cheesecake layer.
- Bake the cake for 24 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the cake squares.