Baked Strawberry Pie RecipeNatalie Paramore | NatalieParamore.com
Baked Strawberry Pie is perfect for family gatherings and potlucks. You may want to make two!
Can someone please tell me how it is already spring!?! When did that happen! I feel like I just woke up one day and it was warm and sunny and the end of March. I am not complaining though, can’t argue with sunshine!
Despite all the gorgeous weather we’ve been having in Austin, seems like between work and the recent SXSW festival, I have barely had time to enjoy it. In between errands and meetings I always try to sneak away for 5 or 10 minutes to walk my walk dog and catch some rays. All that vitamin D sure does put some more pep in my step!
Also, I would like to ask, when did I become my mother and talk about how quickly time flies and how I love taking walks? For real though, it so weird how people tell you you’ll grow up but you never really believe it… until one day, you’re like “oh wait, I sound exactly like my parents!” Seriously. It is a bit of a weird feeling when that happens. Please tell me I am not the only almost 30-something experiencing these types of feelings? Haha, at least it makes for a good laugh!
As I continue on my pie and tart making adventure this year, I always stumble over whether to get super creative or go more classic like my last steak & ale pie. I decided for classic again for today’s recipe, I figure learning the basics is the first step in becoming an expert!
Besides, all that sunshine makes for some very fine strawberries and I figure it is best to just let them do their thing in this pie with minimal invention. Plus, I totally latticed (is that a word?) the crust. Yes, lattice! Do it! It was way easier than I thought!
Most people go no-bake with strawberry pie, but really, give this baked strawberry pie a try. It’s absolutely amazing!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Baked Strawberry Pie Recipe
IngredientsFor the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Water, Cold
- 7 tablespoons Butter, Cold
- 2 pounds Strawberries, Fresh
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the Pie Crust:
- Sift flour and salt together. Cut butter into cubes and place in freezer for 5 minutes to get cold.
- Using a fork, stir butter cubes into flour mixture until well coated.
- Add water and use hands to work dough into a ball.
- Place dough in the freezer for 15 minutes to get cold again.
- Work dough until smooth on a floured surface. Separate into two equal parts.
- Roll out each dough ball until as thin as a penny.
- Set aside.
For the Strawberry Filling:
- Dice strawberries removing tops.
- Combine strawberries with sugars, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch in a large pot.
- Heat over medium until sugar dissolve.
- Let filling sit and cool for 15 minutes.
To Make the Pie:
- Press one pie crust into a pie pan. Fill with strawberry filling.
- Cover with remaining pie crust. You can use a lattice design or cover and cut a few slits. Pinch edges together.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove foil and drop oven temperature to 350°F and finish baking for about 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Natalie Paramore
- Adapted from Joy the Baker
- Cooking Method:
- Pies, Desserts, Baking, Baked, Strawberries, Spring, Picnics, Party Food
- Related Recipes:
- Pie Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Strawberry Recipes, Spring Recipes, Picnic Recipes, Party Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Natalie Paramore
Source: Adapted from Joy the Baker
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 120 minutes
Amount Per Serving