Asian Chicken Salad Cups RecipeDionne Baldwin | Try Anything Once
Asian Chicken Salad Cups will be the delightful hit at your next gathering. Your guests will keep coming for more!
My family used to get together on Sundays. We would all meet at my parents house, which is only about an hour away from where I live.
Mom would get up early, cleaning and preparing food for everyone.
Most of us would bring something, but mom always put out vegetables, dip and nuts while she put the finishing touches on dinner. Dessert was usually cooling, and there were usually bites missing out of whatever it was because two (or more) of us would take the liberty of sampling it.
You know, to make sure it's good!
When the time came to serve dessert, the guilty parties would mock surprise at the missing section of dessert, which was pointless because everyone knew the routine by now. Yes, I was usually one of the culprits, and no, I never felt bad about it.
One Saturday last summer, I was rummaging around at home, wondering what I could bring to Mom and Dad's the next day. I had chicken, wonton wrappers and cabbage.
Knowing that we all liked to snack before dinner, I made these Asian chicken salad cups.
I put the salad together on Saturday evening and baked the cups Sunday morning, adding the salad after we arrived. I walked around offering these Asian chicken salad cups to everyone and they laughed good naturedly at me.
Apparently I was very energetic that day (lots of coffee, probably) and I resembled an enthusiastic server that you might see at an event, offering appetizers to the attendees. Even now I cannot mention Asian chicken salad cups without hearing a giggle and someone asking with mock innocence "What are they called again?” or “What's in them?" I don't get why they thought it was funny, but everyone was smiling, so that's a total win.
All these cups were gone too, so that made it even better.
Good food is made awesome with good people to share it with, don't you think?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Asian Chicken Salad Cups Recipe
- 1 medium head Green Cabbage, Chopped small
- 4-4 1/2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, Chopped
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- Wonton Wrappers
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds, Roasted
- Olive Oil, For brushing on top of the wonton wrappers
- Chop cabbage and chicken, setting aside in a large container.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and sugar to make the dressing. Taste the dressing and adjust it according to your taste.
- Pour half of the dressing over the cabbage and chicken. Toss until evenly coated.
- Add the remaining dressing, or as much as you prefer. Continue to toss until the salad is evenly coated with dressing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay one wonton wrapper over each opening in a muffin pan and push the wrapper down into the opening.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush olive oil onto the wonton wrappers.
- Bake until the wrappers are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, then remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about five minutes before transferring to a serving tray.
- Let them cool completely.
- Spoon Asian chicken salad into each cup and top with almonds.
- Dionne Baldwin
- Cooking Method:
- Appetizers, Snacks, Asian, Chicken, Baked, Party Food, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Related Recipes:
- Appetizer Recipes, Snack Recipes, Asian Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Baked Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 60 cups
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Dionne Baldwin
Recipe Yields: 60 cups
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 52 minutes
Amount Per Serving