Apple Wrapped Salmon RecipeChristina Lane | Dessert for Two
Savory sweet Apple Wrapped Salmon is a great dinner for two. Let's stay in for this week's date night, shall we?
This is your next date night dish. It looks impressive, but each component has only 4 ingredients (excluding salt and pepper, of course). We’re also practicing compartmentalized cooking: we make our side dish while our main dish bakes.
This way, we don’t look like a harried mess in the kitchen with one too many things going on. Instead, you look like a woman who knows her way around the kitchen. You need just one free hand for stirring the slaw while it cooks. The other hand can be for clinking wine glasses, after the romantic toast your honey is suddenly prompted to give when he smells the aroma of bacon and apples cooking together.
There’s something magical about bacon and subtly sweet things, like apples or maple. Sure, they’re great together at breakfast, but this apple wrapped salmon is one fancy dinner you don’t want to skip. The hardest thing about this dinner might be choosing which wine to serve with it.
The baked salmon comes together so quick, you might miss it! First, brush the salmon with an easy mix of maple syrup and coarse-ground mustard. Next, wrap the salmon fillets in apple slices and place in the oven. Done! Now, we’re free to make the slaw in a quick 20 minutes. It couldn’t be simpler, and the flavors deliver a big wow.
My husband loves this dish so much that I’ve even scaled it up to serve for a crowd with great results. You know it’s a big deal when I’m creating a recipe that works for more than two people!
Do you have a favorite date night dish? If not, I beg you, try this one just once. You’ll be head over heels from the word go – I promise.
Need more date night inspiration? Don’t miss Christina’s Avocado Pasta recipe or Ricotta Gnocchi recipe, both perfect for two!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Apple Wrapped Salmon Recipe
- 1 medium Fuji Apple
- 2 Salmon Fillets, 4 ounces, wild
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium head Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 8”x8” dish with cooking spray. Use a mandolin to make thin apple slices. Stop before getting to the core—you only need about 1/4 of the apple.
- Place the salmon fillets in the baking dish. Sprinkle them with salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup and mustard. Brush the salmon fillets evenly with the mixture. Next, wrap apple slices around the salmon. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon to the pan.
- Thinly slice the cabbage, and chop the remaining portion of the apple.
- Let the bacon cook for about 5 minutes until crisp, and then remove it with a slotted spoon.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the cabbage and apple. Cook while stirring frequently until it wilts down. It will take about 15 minutes, or until the salmon is done baking.
- Before serving, stir in the vinegar and add the bacon pieces back in.
- Serve the salmon fillets on a bed of the warm slaw.
- Christina Lane
- Cooking Method:
- Baked, Fish, Apples, Cooking for Couples, Easy Dinners, Easy, Quick, Salmon
- Related Recipes:
- Baked Recipes, Fish Recipes, Apple Recipes, Cooking for Couples Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Salmon Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Christina Lane
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving