- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 4 medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick on a mandoline
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Whisk together the cream, light brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
In a 10-inch square baking dish, arrange an even layer of sweet potatoes. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the cream mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Repeat with the remaining potatoes and cream, seasoning with salt and pepper, to form 8 to 10 layers. Press down on the layers to totally submerge the sweet potatoes in the cream mixture.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and continue baking until the cream has been absorbed, the potatoes are cooked through, and the top is browned, 30 to 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.