Slow Cooker Pumpkin Stew RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Stew is the comforting and hearty meal you need for the cold weather. A bowl of this and a warm fire...
It’s no surprise around here; pumpkin is something I thoroughly enjoy during the fall and winter months. Of course, I could easily use it year-round, but I try not to overdo it, just slightly. One thing my husband and I love the most is slow cooker pumpkin chili. Since we love this chili, I thought I would switch it up a bit and make slow cooker pumpkin stew.
The main difference in this stew is the meat; instead of ground beef I used stew meat. I love the tenderness the stew meat has after being slow cooked all day.
The first step though is to lightly sear the stew meat before placing it in the slow cooker. If you are like me and don’t have much time in the morning, you can do all of this is the night before. Then, in the morning, just put the slow cooker on and you are all set.
I let this cook all day long, then I came home and dinner was ready! I like to pair ours with cornbread, but my husband loves it with corn chips and cheese. It’s totally up to your personal preference.
This dish just screams fall and winter to me, I love to curl up by the fire with a bowl of stew and enjoy a good movie with the family. I guess it’s something about the time changing and it gets dark so early. I feel like it’s midnight at 5:00, so we tend to turn into recluses during the winter months. I have a love/hate relationship with daylight savings time.
Do you enjoy pumpkin? If so, then be sure to try pumpkin pie cake too, it’s gluten-free and delicious! It’s a great dessert to pair with the slow cooker pumpkin stew.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Stew Recipe
- 1 pound Beef Stew Meat
- 2 15 oz cans Chili Beans
- 1 15-ounce can Beef Broth
- 1 10 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons Minced Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Corn Chips
- In a medium-sized skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and sear the stew meat on both sides.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray; add in the stew meat, beans, broth, tomatoes, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, minced onion, garlic, chili powder, and ketchup.
- Stir this up, cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Slow Cooker
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free, Slow Cooker, Stews, Soups, Pumpkin, Beef, Beans, Easy, Easy Dinners, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Stew Recipes, Soup Recipes, Pumpkin Recipes, Beef Recipes, Bean Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 480 minutes
Total Time: 520 minutes
Amount Per Serving