Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins are made in a jiffy. Perfect for any morning!
Have you ever made blender muffins before? I never had. I've always made muffins in a bowl with a spoon so as to not over-mix the batter and end up with tough, not very good muffins. I'll admit, I was a little bit skeptical that these peanut butter banana blender muffins would be any good.
But, I thought I'd give them a whirl and see. I'm always willing to try new muffin recipes, even if they are weird and made in a blender.
To be fair, the over-mixing part doesn't really apply when the muffins are flourless. There are some rolled oats in these muffins but no flour, so overdeveloping the gluten by mixing too much is not really an issue here.
But still. Muffins in the blender seemed strange to me.
I was wrong. These peanut butter banana blender muffins were gone in two days flat. Which I have to say is a little bit impressive for a rather large batch of mini muffins. Even for my muffin loving family.
These blender muffins were just so tasty. It was hard not to keep grabbing another one every time we walked by the container.
Filled with peanut butter and a sprinkling of chocolate chips, you can't even really taste the banana in these mini muffins. They are soft and tender and bursting with peanut butter flavour though. The tops are a lot flatter then regular bakery style muffins, you don't get the nice domed tops here. Instead of a light and fluffy bakery muffin these are rather dense in texture, but we really liked them for a change.
And you can't beat the amount of time it takes to make these. 20 minutes and they're baked and ready to devour. Perfect.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Blend the oats in a blender until they’re coarsely ground. Add the peanut butter, bananas, eggs, yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla and blend until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips (or briefly blend but they will get a bit chopped up).
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, almost filling up the muffin cups. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Adapted from Cooking Light.
- Stacey Mebs
- Lunchbox, Breakfasts, Brunches, Peanut Butter, Bananas, Muffins, Easy, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Peanut Butter Recipes, Banana Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Easy Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 36 mini muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Recipe Yields: 36 mini muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving