Peanut Butter & Jelly Sweet Rolls RecipeSarah Grossett | The Gold Lining Girl
Peanut butter and jelly sweet rolls are a delicious breakfast take on the traditional sandwich. The whole family will flip for the nutty, sweet taste.
Now here’s something that was a long time in the making, these Peanut Butter & Jelly Sweet Rolls!
And I have another version of peanut butter cinnamon rolls conjured up, so you just hang tight. I’ve wanted to make these Peanut Butter & Jelly Sweet Rolls for you for the looongest time.
A few months ago, I made chocolate peanut butter sweet rolls, and they were a complete bust. Such a big fail!
The chocolate sweet rolls were the driest and most stale-tasting rolls, even straight out of the oven. It was crazy.
The peanut butter glaze also didn’t turn out quite how I wanted it to. Major fail, but I want to make them again because, hello, who wouldn’t love to have a perfect recipe for chocolate peanut butter sweet rolls?
Stay tuned on that because I’m going to work on it.
I moved on for now though, and fortunately I found a winner that still gives us the amazing opportunity to have peanut butter in our cinnamon rolls = yay!!
These Peanut Butter & Jelly Sweet Rolls are a hit. They are incredible, and completely 100% opposite of a fail.
They’re actually perfect.
If there’s one person that I think this recipe is made for, it’s my brother. He loves a good batch of homemade cinnamon rolls, and he loves all things peanut butter (sound familiar? Must be in our genes!). This is literally made for him.
I know he’s going to see this Peanut Butter & Jelly Sweet Rolls recipe and want to make these right away. He and his wife love to make recipes from the blog, so I’m excited to hear their feedback when they try this — I know they’ll try this recipe!
All peanut butter lovers will die for these rolls though, of course. The rolls are soft and pillowy, a really nice puffy and soft roll!
The peanut butter filling is very peanut buttery, and totally delicious. It’s sweetened with a touch of brown sugar and honey!
And these rolls are topped with a rich, sweet, peanut butter frosting on top too — it’s to-die-for. A smattering of jam in the center certainly doesn’t hurt either, and if you are a peanut butter fan, especially PB&J, you’ve got to try these!
If you love PB&J-themed recipes, I’ve got quite a few! Check out this Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread, and these Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints. You’ll love both of those!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sweet Rolls Recipe
IngredientsFor the Rolls:
- 2 3/4-3 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 ounce packet Active Dry Yeast, For the Rolls
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk, For the Rolls
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream, plus 2 tablespoons (divided)
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 cup Strawberry Jam, or your favorite preserves, divided
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook, combine 2 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat milk at 30 second intervals until it’s approximately 120-130°F.
- Add milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and beat until just combined.
- Add egg, beating until just combined.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. If not using a dough hook, knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 6-8 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, butter, 1/3 cup cream, peanut butter, brown sugar, and honey until smooth.
- Spread half of filling (eyeball it) to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Spread 1/2 cup jam over filling.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side, and pinch seam to seal.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut dough into 12 even slices.
- Arrange in baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining filling and remaining cream with powdered sugar.
- Spread over warm rolls.
- Garnish rolls with remaining 1/4 cup jam.
- Serve warm.
- Sarah Grossett
- Adapted from Taste of Home
- Cooking Method:
- Peanut Butter, Jellies, Rolls, Breakfasts, Desserts, Baking, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Recipes, Jelly Recipes, Roll Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 sweet rolls
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Sarah Grossett
Source: Adapted from Taste of Home
Recipe Yields: 12 sweet rolls
Prep Time: 110 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 135 minutes
Amount Per Serving