- 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- zest of 4 Meyer Lemons
- 3 tablespoons Meyer Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and very fluffy; about; 4 minutes.
Beat in egg, vanilla extract, Meyer Lemon zest and juice.
Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients and toasted coconut into the butter and sugar mixture.
Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.