1. In a large oven-safe 10-inch skillet preheat pan with canola oil and butter on medium. While skillet is heating mix together the cumin, chili powder, coriander, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Place chicken strips in zip top bag and sprinkle seasoning mixture in bag. Seal bag and massage chicken so that the seasoning is on all of the chicken.
2. Remove the chicken from the bag and place in the skillet (evenly spaced). Cook on medium heat for 7 minutes (turn the chicken over half way through). Remove chicken from skillet and set to the side.
3. Place the poblano peppers and onions in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Mix a few times then add 1 cup rice to the skillet. Cook for 1 additional minute mixing continuously so your rice can toast Then add 2 cups chicken broth. Place lid on top and cook for 10 minutes. Then stir and cook for another 5 minutes longer with the lid on. Mix a few more times and test to see if rice is done. If it still needs a few more minutes to cook and all the broth has evaporated feel free to add 1/4 cup of chicken broth or water to the pan.
4. While rice is cooking preheat broiler on high.
5. Once the rice is done cooking mix in diced plum tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, and 1/2 of lime juiced. Then chop chicken into bite size pieces. Add to the top of the skillet and then sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top of the chicken. Place the skillet in the broiler for 1 minute until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.