Easy Breakfast Pizza RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Easy Breakfast Pizza is topped with eggs that get baked in the oven. Topped with sausage and cheese, you'll fall in love.
I have never been one to eat cold pizza. I just … can’t.
I want to preheat the oven and place my little leftover slices on the hot oven racks and let the crust return to its warm toasty glory. The cheese will never melt quite the same way twice, but it’s NOT cold, and in my pizza universe the temperature totally counts.
My other half can eat cold pizza all day long. I think he actually prefers it cold to piping hot, fresh from the oven.
We clearly do not see eye to eye on the pizza things.
Having an aversion to cold pizza though DOES NOT count out pizza in the morning. Because Baked Egg Breakfast Pizza is here to save the day.
The first time I ever baked my eggs in the oven was with this prosciutto and provolone baked egg breakfast. (It’s worth noting that my FAVORITE baked eggs belong in this Christmas morning casserole.
It’s good for all the mornings. DO IT.) It was kind of life changing for me.
I love when I can just shove things in the oven and walk away. Have you ever tried to cook breakfast for more than two people on the stove top? It’s annoying.
And time consuming. And I always end up with a big ugly grease stain on my shirt.
Baking the eggs (and everything else) gets it DONE.
Cue the coffee refill, please.
Baked Egg Breakfast Pizza is easy (and mess-free) on a whole other level. Using naan for the pizza crust is the best shortcut - especially in the morning.
Slice a few veggies over the top, sprinkle with cheese, crack a couple of eggs over the top, and bake.
The easiest way to make this pizza is to go vegetarian. A few minutes of chopping and slicing; no pre-cooking necessary.
It’s GREAT with bacon and/or sausage, though (pictured).
It’s also a terrific way to use up leftovers first thing.
A quick naan pizza tip: Since the naan is already cooked and really just needs to be warmed but the eggs actually need to COOK, it is helpful to bake these on aluminum foil so you can lightly fold the foil over the exposed edges of the crust.
That way it will nicely crisp without getting too dark.
If you are a lover of savory breakfast foods and eggs on everything, you will also LOVE these breakfast burgers with maple Sriracha aioli. And you should definitely try this sausage and butternut squash breakfast scramble.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 2 Flatbreads
- 1 Roma Tomato, Sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, Thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Bell Peppers, Thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Bacon, Or sausage or both, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Part skim, shredded
- 4 Eggs
- Parmesan Cheese, Shredded, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with foil (be sure there is enough to loosely cover the edges of the naan.
- Lay the slices of tomato across each flatbread. Scatter the onions, bell peppers, bacon and/or sausage, cheddar, and mozzarella across both.
- Crack 2 eggs right on top of each pizza. Pull the foil loosely over the exposed edges of the naan to keep it from getting too dark.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the whites are cooked through and the yolks reach your preferred cooking temperature.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, cut each naan into 4 slices and serve warm.
- Heather Tullos
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Pizza, Eggs, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Pizza Recipes, Egg Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving