If you're looking for a hearty, crowd pleasing meal that's crazy easy to put together, this Tater Tot Casserole recipe fits the bill!
Duggars Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Ground beef
- Black pepper
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Evaporated milk
One of the best things about this tater tot casserole is how readily available the ingredients happen to be.
Plus, many of these ingredients are things that are possible to keep on hand in the pantry or freezer at all times.
Stumped on what to make for dinner some Monday or Tuesday night?
If you keep ground beef and tater tots in the freezer and a couple cans of cream soup in the pantry, you're all set!
Tips for How to Make Tater Tot Casserole
Boost the Flavor
Add Some Veggies
Make it Cheesy
Make a Vegetarian Tater Tot Casserole
How to Make The Duggars Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Brown the ground beef by first adding it to a large skillet. Use a spatula to break it up as it's cooking
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, continuing to cook until browned through
- Depending on your ground meat, if there is a lot of fat and grease left after cooking, carefully drain off the fat, being careful not to burn yourself
- Add cooked ground beef to the bottom of a 9x12 baking sheet
- Cover the ground beef with Tater Tots
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom soups until well combined
- Pour the soup mixture over top of the Tater Tots and ground beef
- Bake at 350° for 45 - 60 minutes until the Tater Tots are nice and crispy and the mixture is bubbling
How Long to Cook Tater Tot Casserole
When determining how long to cook tater tot casserole, the size of your baking dish will be the determining factor.
A wider baking dish that isn't as deep may take as little as 45 minutes.
If you're using a deeper dish that isn't as wide, we find it can sometimes take around 60 minutes.
A good rule of thumb when deciding how long to cook tater tot casserole is to start checking the casserole around 35 to 40 minutes.
You can then check it every five minutes or so until it's done and perfectly golden brown on top.
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole Ahead
Breakfast Casseorole Recipes
Casseroles aren't just for dinner! In fact, this tater tot casserole is delicious for breafkast.
Looking for a more traditional breakfast? Try these yummy breakfast casseroles!
- This Southwestern Breakfast Casserole Recipe is delicious and even a bit spicy
- If you love a Mexican flavor combination, this Enchilada Breakfast Casserole Recipe can't be missed
- Love the ease of baking in the toater oven? Try our Toaster Oven Egg Bake Recipe
- If you love cheese and potatoes as much as we do, dry this Cheesy Hashbrown Potato Casserole Recipe
- Finally, our Tortilla Breakfast Casserole Recipe is a forever fan favorite!