- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, At room temperature
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour, Plus 3 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup Shredded Coconut, Divided
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and coconut extract. Mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and give the mixture one more quick mix.
In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt.
With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of the shredded coconut.
Measure out 2-tablespoons of dough at a time and roll into balls (the dough will be a little sticky). Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet, spacing them 3 inches apart.
Gently press down each dough ball slightly. Top with a teaspoon each of the remaining shredded coconut and sliced almonds and press down gently so the ingredients stick to the dough.
Bake for 15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- If you decide to make smaller cookies, the recipe will yield 12-14 cookies. Measure out 1 tablespoon of dough and bake for 7-8 minutes.