Chocolate Cherry Cake RecipeRoxana Yawgel | Roxana's Home Baking
Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake combines classic luscious flavors into one dessert. Could cake get any better?
Melted chocolate gives this cake richness, while the cherries bring sweetness. This easy to make Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake is a little on the heavy side, but at the same time is moist from yogurt without making you reach for a glass of milk with each bite.
Fresh cherries have a special place in my heart. They remind me of childhood, time spent with my sister and cousins at my grandparents’ country side house. Our neighbors had a big cherry tree and every year, the cherries would start to ripen just as we were finishing the school year, giving us plenty of time to climb the tree and pick as many cherries as we wished until they were all gone.
Years passed, we grew up and climbing the old cherry tree wasn't our favorite summer vacation sport anymore, but my love for fresh cherries has never stopped.
Every year, I look forward to the cherry season and enjoy as many as possible throughout the summer. Some, like this time, end up in a cake. Paired with chocolate: Delish!
I've had the idea to make a cherry chocolate cake for a while, but never got around to it until recently. I don't know what took me so long, but I'm glad I finally found the time to do it. You will absolutely love this chocolate-cherry combination!
Want more berry and chocolate love? Try Roxana's Chocolate and Strawberry Bundt Cake Recipe.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 ounces Semisweet Chocolate, melted
- 2 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/3 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cherries, pitted, chopped (If using canned, make sure to drain)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12 cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale in color. Stir in the melted chocolate, butter and oil. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and yogurt. Stir to combine. With a spatula fold in the cherries.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until the skewer comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Let the cake cool for five minutes before removing from the pan.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- For a prettier version, once the cake is cooled, drizzle some thin ganache/chocolate sauce over it.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Roxana Yawgel
- Cooking Method:
- Chocolate, Bundt Cakes, Cakes, Desserts, Cherries, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Chocolate Recipes, Bundt Cake Recipes, Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Cherry Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Roxana Yawgel
Recipe Yields: 1 cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Amount Per Serving