- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, 8 tablespoons
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Heat a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the butter and cook until the butter turns brown and smells nutty. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom together. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, cream cheese, and oil together. Beat well until completely combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
Mix in the flour mixture until it is completely combined.
Pour sugar into a bowl and make balls of dough that are two tablespoons big. Roll the balls in the sugar and place on the baking sheets.
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a minute before transferring to a wire rack.