Avocado Pulled Pork Flatbread with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Avocado Pulled Pork Flatbread with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa is here to put the spice back into your pizza-lovin’ life. Tequila lime pulled pork is combined with a quick and easy tomatillo salsa, then topped with red onion, cheese, pico de gallo, and creamy avocado. It’s a surefire win for dinnertime!
OK, so this is basically the best flatbread I’ve ever made.
I’ve made a lot of pizzas and flatbreads in my life, but holy WOW this one packs a punch that you cannot beat.
Lately, I’ve felt like I’ve been in a bit of a flavor slump when it comes to pizza.
Perhaps it’s the frozen pepperoni pizzas or the fact that I haven’t actually gone out to get some crafty, elegant pizza lately… I really need to get out of the house more people.
Of course, with about 5 million events coming up in the next two months, getting out of the house is pretty darn tough.
I feel like I’ve been chained to either my desk or my kitchen lately, and it’s seriously putting a damper on my creative spark.
When I made this recipe though, that creative spark started to sizzle once again!
This pulled pork flatbread is just PACKED with flavor.
It starts with my favorite Tequila Lime Pulled Pork recipe that infuses the pork with boozy lime flavor (don’t worry, the alcohol is cooked out when you make it, so it’s a-ok for the kiddos).
You’ll use some of the recipe for this flatbread, but you’ll have more leftover to make tacos, enchiladas, and more the next day!
This delicious and tender pulled pork gets paired with a grilled tomatillo salsa to bring out spicy and charred notes from the grill.
A bite of red onion with the fresh zing of pico de gallo and avocado gives a burst of so much freshness.
Finally, what’s a flatbread without cheese?! Monterey Jack is the ideal cheese for this flatbread recipe, and it makes for the right flavor to bring together every single element on the golden baked crust.
Personally, I love to pair up this flatbread with some cold, bright beers or even margaritas.
No matter when you serve up this flatbread, you’ll have a party in your mouth, even if you aren’t hosting one in your house.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Avocado Pulled Pork Flatbread with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
IngredientsFor the Tomatillo Salsa:
- 1/3 pound Tomatillo, husked and rinsed
- 1 small Jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- juice from half a Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups Tequila Lime Pulled Pork
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo
- Preheat grill. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Once the grill is hot, add tomatillos and jalapeño. Cook until charred, about 10 minutes.
- Add jalapeño to a ziploc bag and seal. Let rest 10 minutes. Remove skin and dice.
- Add tomatillos, jalapeño, and other salsa ingredients to a food processor or high-power blender. Process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and season to taste with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Add pork to the salsa and stir to combine. Make sure the pork is coated well. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a clean, flat work surface into a rectangle. Place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven per the instructions on the packaging (mine took about 15 minutes).
- Top baked pizza crust with pork, sliced red onion, and cheese evenly. Place bake in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on serving platter, top with avocado, pico de gallo, and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Pizza, Easy, Pork, Tomatoes, Salsa, Baked, Easy Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Pizza Recipes, Easy Recipes, Pork Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Salsa Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4-6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving