German Fried PotatoesLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
German fried potatoes will be sure to please your family over and over. These crispy fried potatoes are laced with bacon and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
German Fried Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large Baking Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Salted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 5 slices Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large microwavable bowl. Punch holes in the potatoes with a fork.
- Cover with paper towels and microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes soften.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Slice into thin bite size pieces.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat.
- Add potatoes to the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cook potatoes for about seven minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add crumbled bacon and parsley to the pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Turn potatoes with spatula and cook for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft but crispy.
- Sprinkle with green onion before serving.