Citrus sugar is incredibly easy to make and can add that extra special touch to a lot of recipes. It is also a great way to use up any leftover fruit.
Citrus sugar is incredibly easy to make and can add that extra special touch to a lot of recipes. It is also a great way to use up any extra citrus you may have laying around.
Maybe you juiced a whole lot of lemons for a batch of homemade lemonade, why waste the zest? Turn that extra citrus zest into citrus sugar instead.
There are a few ways to make citrus sugar, but I'm going to share with you my favorite quickest method.
7 Ways to Use Citrus Sugar
You might be thinking, "sure this sounds great, but what am I going to do with this citrus sugar?" Here are 7 fun ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- Mix it with olive oil or coconut oil for a delicious hand scrub.
- As a finishing sugar and sprinkle on top of baked treats.
- Use to sweeten iced tea or other summertime cold drinks, like this sparkling rhubarb raspberry lemonade
- Rim cocktail glasses
- Use in citrus recipes that call for granulated sugar or an extra citrus pop, such as using lime sugar in these kiwi lime bars
- Add to citrus based marinades for summertime grilling
Enhance other baked goods with a pop of citrus. White chocolate chip cookies become something a little more special when they're lemon white chocolate chip cookies.
Try Citrus Sugar in all these fabulous Food Fanatic recipes:
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
How to Make Citrus Sugar