Creamy spinach artichoke gnocchi turns the classic spinach and artichoke dip into a creamy and comforting pasta dinner. It's quick and easy, any night of the week!
Easy Dinners, Italian, Gnocchi, Spinach, Casseroles, Sauteed, Baked, Dips, Easy, Make Ahead, Vegetarian
- 2 16 ounce packages Potato Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 jar Artichoke Hearts, Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach, Roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, Freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Cook gnocchi according to the package directions.
In a large skillet heat 2 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, and sauté for a couple minutes, until soft. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant.
Mix in flour, and cook until lightly golden. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, and allow to thicken slightly.
Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted. Add artichoke hearts, spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg and artichoke hearts. Mix and cook until spinach is starting to wilt.
Add cooked gnocchi, and stir to evenly coat.
Serve immediately. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- To make ahead, undercook the gnocchi by 2 minutes. Follow the remaining directions. Pour into a casserole dish, cover and freeze. To reheat place in 350 degree oven and bake for 30-45 minutes until bubbly and hot.