Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash and Pecans RecipeKate Donahue | Food Babbles
Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash and Pecans has Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar sprinkled right on top. Divine!
I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for my time in developing this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
Summer has officially come to an end. I don’t know what it’s like where you are, but it seems that in my neck of the woods, Mother Nature is wildly confused. It’s October, yet we have had hot, muggy days in the mid 80’s and evenings in the 50’s. We don’t know how to dress from day to day or morning to evening for that matter. Things are a little wonky around here right now but I do know that pretty soon she will balance out and give me the brisk autumn days I crave so much.
As fall rolls in, the holidays aren’t far behind and I’m already thinking about warm side dishes and big fat turkeys. I love this time of the year. The crisp leaves changing colors, gathering with family and friends, and of course, the food! Butternut squash is one of my very favorite things about these cooler months. I love making Butternut Squash Chips as a flavorful, healthy snack. I even like butternut squash for dessert. Yes! Dessert. Butternut Tarte Tatin is amazing. Flakey puff pastry, butternut squash caramelized in cinnamon brown sugar and a dollop of nutmeg whipped cream finishes this unique dessert off.
I’m also a huge fan of roasted butternut squash but I’ve always made it one way. A little olive oil, a little salt and pepper. Done. This time around, I got creative with this Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans thanks to Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. I go absolutely gaga over their Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste and it’s my favorite for baked goods. Recently I got my hands on Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar and I’m officially enamored. I want to sprinkle this coarse vanilla sugar on everything and stir it into anything. I guarantee I’ll be whipping up plenty of baked goods with it. So good! That’s when I decided my normal boring ol’ roasted butternut squash recipe needed a facelift with a vanilla kick.
I cubed up a big butternut squash then I tossed it with some olive oil, just a touch of salt and my love, vanilla bean paste. Into the oven it went and let me tell you, this Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans recipe is the perfect savory vanilla recipe with just a touch of sweetness. As this squash roasted in the oven, the fragrant smell of vanilla wafted through my home.
The natural sweetness of the butternut squash is a divine complement to the vanilla notes. A sprinkle of buttery pecans and vanilla sugar are the perfect crunchy finishing touch to this beautiful side dish recipe that will usher autumn in with style and carry you into the holidays. For more inspiration and ways to use these great products be sure to check out Nielsen-Massey on Pinterest!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Vanilla Roasted Butternut Squash and Pecans Recipe
- 4 pounds Butternut Squash, Peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, Cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Pecan Pieces
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 13x9 inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butternut squash pieces with olive oil, Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste and salt until evenly coated. Scoop into prepared baking dish. Dot top of squash with butter pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with pecan pieces and Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar.
- Serve immediately.
- Kate Donahue
- Cooking Method:
- Side Dishes
- Fine Flavors Week, Side Dishes, Roasted, Squash, Pecans, Nuts, Vanilla, Vegetarian, Holidays
- Related Recipes:
- Fine Flavors Week Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Roasted Recipes, Squash Recipes, Pecan Recipes, Nut Recipes, Vanilla Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Holiday Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kate Donahue
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving