Tortilla Pizzas with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach RecipeBrie Norris | Toaster Oven Love
Tortilla Pizzas with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach are a snap to throw together. Grab your favorite toppings from the fridge, and your...
Mmm...Cheesy pizza, classic comfort food at its best.
But in the spring months with bathing suit season on the horizon and So Cal turning up the temperature dial it’s nice to enjoy a pizza that’s lighter on the thick crust and heavier on the veggie toppings.
With no dough to knead and bake these individual pizzas are a snap to throw together. In just 15 minutes you can feast on a healthier Tortilla Pizzas with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach that tastes indulgent but won’t leave you with a belly full of bread before hitting the beach.
For the lightened-up crust you’ll need two 6-inch flour tortillas. Use regular or whole grain tortillas, both taste delicious.
Like baked egg tostadas and veggie pita pizza bites the trick is to get the tortillas super crispy before topping. Just brush them with a little oil and pop in the toaster oven for 4 or 5 minutes.
If you’re using handmade tortillas that are slightly misshapen, don’t worry if they overlap a bit. The tortillas will shrink a little as they bake. After a few minutes they’ll be golden, crisped up and ready to be sauced.
For the sauce, make things easy and grab what’s in the fridge. In our house, that means marinara, pesto, and if we’ve been making veggie pizza spaghetti squash boats an open jar of pizza sauce too. You really can’t go wrong; my husband even uses tapenade!
If we’re making the pizzas with pesto, I usually reduce the mozzarella a little. That way it’s not too rich and the cheese doesn’t overpower the flavors of the other toppings.
And the toppings! Fresh baby spinach, tangy artichokes, sweet roasted red pepper and a punch of sun-dried tomatoes. Yep, these are some seriously grown-up tortilla pizzas.
But you can “clear the fridge” and add any toppings you want, I mean they’re called Personal Pizzas for a reason. Then it’s time for cheese and a quick trip back into the toaster oven to get everything warm and melty.
Finish them off with a generous sprinkle of spicy red pepper flakes and a few leaves of fresh basil. Then get ready to devour the best tasting crispy, cheesy, flavorful Tortilla Pizzas with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Tortilla Pizzas with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach Recipe
- 2 6-inches Flour Tortilla, regular or whole grain
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Pizza Sauce, or prepared pesto
- 2 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 Artichoke Hearts, canned in water, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons Sundried Tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Chopped Roasted Red Peppers
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Basil
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat toaster oven to 425°F.
- Place tortillas on a baking pan and brush each side with oil.
- Bake tortillas for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon pesto or pizza sauce evenly over tortillas and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, roasted red peppers and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with red pepper flakes, fresh basil and shredded Parmesan.
- Brie Norris
- Toaster Oven Cooking, Cooking for Couples, Lunches, Easy, Easy Dinners, Pizza, Vegetables, Vegetarian
- Related Recipes:
- Toaster Oven Cooking Recipes, Cooking for Couples Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Pizza Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brie Norris
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving