Paleo Chicken Apple Breakfast Sausage RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo Chicken Apple Breakfast Sausage makes breakfast a treat! It's easy and flavorful, and goes great with your other paleo favorites.
Paleo breakfast foods are probably my favorite thing to make at home.
I love finding something in stores - like a fun flavored chicken sausage - that has questionable ingredients and trying to recreate it at home using clean, paleo-friendly ingredients.
It is almost always way cheaper to make your own paleo breakfast foods instead of seeking out paleo-friendly items in an expensive health food store.
Plus, isn’t it just fun to be able to tell people that you made your own homemade chicken breakfast sausage?!
To make Paleo Chicken Apple Breakfast Sausage, you just have to combine ground chicken with a peeled and diced Granny Smith apple.
You want to use a tart apple, nothing too sweet. Then poultry seasoning, crushed fennel seeds, salt, and black pepper get added and all mixed together until well combined.
Be careful not to overwork the meat or it will become tough.
Once combined, the mixture gets divided into 8 portions and shaped into sausage patties. Then they are cooked in a skillet until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
Serve it with eggs, paleo waffles, or enjoy them on their own for a quick protein-packed snack.
Homemade chicken sausage really is as easy as taking ground chicken and mixing in a bunch of spices!
Simple, right? I have a Paleo Maple Blueberry Turkey Sausage recipe that is also delicious and easy!
I love meal prepping homemade breakfast sausage and then popping them in the freezer so that I have options when a busy week rolls around.
Just put the patties in an airtight, freezer-safe container. It will stay good up to 2 months in the freezer.
I will pull out a couple when I need them and let them defrost in the fridge. From there, either microwave them or put them in a skillet to get the outsides crispy again.
If you are going to use them the week you make them, they are good up to 7 days in the fridge.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Paleo Chicken Apple Breakfast Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seed, crushed with a knife or in the food processor
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil, (or cooking oil of choice)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, diced apple, poultry seasoning, fennel seeds salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions and shape into patties, about 3 inches wide.
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Working in batches, cook sausage patties until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.
- Amanda Livesay
- Cooking Method:
- Paleo, Chicken Sausage, Sausage, Apples, Easy, Breakfasts, Brunches, Sauteed, Healthy Eating, Healthy
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Chicken Sausage Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Apple Recipes, Easy Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Sauteed Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Healthy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving