Paleo Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo baked BBQ cauliflower wings are a healthier way to enjoy the flavor of wings. Crispy and coated with sauce, they’re so addictive!
It took me awhile to hop on the cauliflower bandwagon.
I made a few cauliflower crust pizzas years ago and every once in awhile I’ll decide to give cauliflower rice another try before remembering that I’m just but a fan but for the most part, I have always rolled my eyes when people talk about how versatile cauliflower is.
No, I don’t believe you when you tell me you can’t even taste the cauliflower in your morning oatmeal. You’re a liar.
Anyway, one of my current favorite restaurants has this deep fried cauliflower appetizer and the cauliflower is drizzled with a gochujang sauce and a kewpie mayo and it’s the most amazing things I’ve ever tasted in my life. I’m not going to tell you how many times I’ve ordered it over the last few months.
It’s totally changed my opinion on cauliflower but obviously, deep fried cauliflower with mayo on top isn’t exactly something I need to be eating during bikini season.
So now I am obsessed with cauliflower and have been buying heads and heads of the stuff to turn into paleo versions of some of my favorites.
Like these Paleo Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings.
Cauliflower wings need a crispy coating so first you bread them with some simple seasoned almond meal and then they are baked until browned on all sides. The cauliflower itself gets tender and the almond meal gets crispy and delicious.
And then you just toss the cauliflower wings with your favorite paleo-friendly bbq sauce. You can make your own or pretty much any healthier food store these days will have some.
These are really easy and would be great for all the paleo or vegetarian cauliflower lovers in your life. It’s the perfect guilt free snack all summer long or during football season!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Paleo Baked BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce, paleo-friendly
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond meal, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Working with one cauliflower floret at a time, dip in egg and let excess egg drip off. Toss in almond meal mixture until coated and transfer to baking sheet. Continue with all of the cauliflower.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake another 10 minutes or until browned and tender. Toss in barbecue sauce. Serve immediately.
- Amanda Livesay
- Cooking Method:
- Paleo, Vegetables, Healthy, Side Dishes, Easy, Cauliflower, Baked, Game Day Grub
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Easy Recipes, Cauliflower Recipes, Baked Recipes, Game Day Grub Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving