Mediterranean Shrimp Wedge Salad RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
This delicious Mediterranean shrimp wedge salad has just enough ingredients to be on the lighter side but can still be called dinner! Succulent shrimp with feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, roasted peppers and cucumbers are all nestled on a big wedge of lettuce and drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
It’s the first day of spring and I am thinking about getting my beach body ready. Okay, that might be a little bit of an exaggeration but I do want to be able to feel healthy and fit into my summer wardrobe.
So that means eating a bit lighter and getting plenty of lean protein, fruits and vegetables into my diet. This salad easily comes into the picture and it’s something I love making on a warm summer night.
There is no oven to turn on for this recipe and you can use precooked shrimp so the stove does not need to be used either. It is assembled in minutes so dinner is ready whenever you are. How convenient is that?
Typically I choose romaine lettuce over iceberg but for wedge salads I always going with a nice big crisp head of iceberg lettuce. It makes the salad look very high and I just don’t think it can really be a wedge if it’s not from a head of iceberg lettuce.
I love vinaigrette dressings so I decided to drizzle some on this one. But if you would rather use another dressing such as creamy Italian dressing like the Olive Garden has or a Catalina dressing, go to town and use what you like. The one thing I do recommend is to serve this salad with either pitas or soft flatbreads. You’ll want it to mop up whatever dressing you choose to use.
If you plan on making this salad ahead of time, keep it refrigerated and pour the dressing on right before serving it.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Mediterranean Shrimp Wedge Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 12 ounces Shrimp, jumbo, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Persian Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the shrimp and half the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve the salads.
- Cut the lettuce into 4 even -sized wedges. Wedges can be placed on individual plates or on a large platter.
- Top each lettuce wedge with evenly divided amounts of the tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, feta cheese, olives and red peppers. Top off each wedge with the divided shrimp.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salads and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Lisa Grant
- Easy Dinners, Shrimp, Salads, Dinners, Mediterranean, Vegetables, Lunches
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Salad Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Mediterranean Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Lunch Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving