Gluten Free Raspberry Vanilla Ice Cream RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten Free Raspberry Vanilla Ice Cream uses the plentiful raspberries of the season. Grab a spoon and go!
Summer is here and around our home that means LOTS of homemade ice cream. I love dreaming up new flavors and taste to try, plus my family loves to eat it too.
Since berries happen to be in season and so plentiful and beautiful at the store and farmers market, we decided it was time for vanilla ice cream with fresh berries. I thought about possibly doing a mixed berry variation, but since my daughter is allergic to strawberries, we stuck with raspberry.
Next up, we used a mixture of half cream and half milk to make the base of the ice cream with sugar, and let the ice cream maker do the heavy work. I’m also reminded while making this of just how much sugar ice cream has in it, but we can just look past that, okay?
Once it came out of the ice cream maker, it was beautiful and heavenly to taste.
Can you imagine sitting outside watching the kids play while enjoying a delicious bowl of raspberry vanilla ice cream? Imagine it? I did it!
It made time stands still for a minute and gave me a little "me time" on the lazy days of summer.
Of course, for my kids we had the water toys nearby for a quick hose off after that tasty ice cream landed all down my daughter’s clothes. I guess that is just another day in the life of a two-year-old.
Do you have ice cream flavors that take you back to your childhood? I hope some of the flavors we try each summer remind my kids of theirs.
We have several favorites along with this one, a little less healthy I suppose, like Butterfinger ice cream. That one is just dangerous.
What type of flavor do you plan to try this year? Be sure to share it with us and enjoy a delicious bowl of gluten free raspberry vanilla ice cream!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Raspberry Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Fresh Raspberries
- 2-3 quarts 2% Fat Milk, Cream
- Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil; continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Let mixture cool.
- Pour Raspberries into sugar mixture and let soak until you are ready to make ice cream.
- Mix Raspberry mixture with 2 quarts of half and half and pour into 4 quart ice cream maker.
- Lastly, add additional half and half or 2 % milk as needed to reach the “fill” line on your ice cream maker.
- Continue making ice cream as instructed on the ice cream maker instructions.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Frozen Treats
- Gluten Free, Ice Cream, Frozen Treats, Summer, Raspberries, Vanilla, Boiled
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Ice Cream Recipes, Frozen Treat Recipes, Summer Recipes, Raspberry Recipes, Vanilla Recipes, Boiled Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 15 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 15 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 150 minutes
Amount Per Serving