Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Donuts RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Donuts can be adapted for chocolate or vanilla donuts. Make them your own!
This year for my daughter’s birthday, I decided to do things a bit differently.
Typically, we always have an afternoon party; however, I thought why not have a breakfast party instead? She is happiest in the morning and we are already up by 6am because of the kids, so that was the best option for us.
Now, I sit and wonder who made the rule that parties are for the afternoons? We decided to nix tradition and we’re so glad we did.
Now, for a breakfast party, I opted out of a traditional cake. We were doing a “Frozen”-themed party, so I decided on pancakes and donuts.
Of course, I wanted the donuts to still be similar to cake.
I decided to use a gluten free Funfetti cake mix to make these donuts. I tried them out on family and friends prior to her birthday and they were such a hit, I knew they would be perfect for her party too!
I made 12 donuts using a donut pan with the batter, and then I made 24 donut holes using a mini-muffin pan. This is a good recipe to have the kids help with too.
These were disappearing before my eyes. Each time I walked into the kitchen there was more missing from the pan!
I went with a basic vanilla powdered sugar icing then I coated them with colored sugar sprinkles.
It’s a safe bet that all will love these, plus your not gluten-free guests will likely never even taste the difference!
I have been able to find the cake mix at my local grocery store; however, you can adapt these to use any gluten-free cake mix that you have on hand. We also like to do chocolate and vanilla donuts too.
What’s your favorite flavor of baked donuts? Share them with us!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Donuts Recipe
IngredientsFor the Donuts:
- 1 box Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Begin by combining the cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix this well until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a decorator’s bag or plastic bag.
- Spray the pans with non-stick cooking spray, then snip the edge of the bag and pipe into the pan. I do these about 3/4 full.
- Bake these in the oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While they cool, in a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and water. Combine until the icing is formed.
- Dip each cooled donut in the icing then top with sprinkles.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free, Gluten Free Desserts, Breakfasts, Brunches, Baking, Baked, Gluten Free Baking, Cakes, Donuts, Frosting, Sprinkles
- Related Recipes:
- Gluten Free Recipes, Gluten Free Dessert Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Gluten Free Baking Recipes, Cake Recipes, Donut Recipes, Frosting Recipes, Sprinkle Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 36 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 36 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving