Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding is rich and decadent and essential for a weekend brunch at home. And so easy!
One of the easiest recipes I have ever put together! Cinnamon raisin bread pudding is buttery and delicious, served warm with a sweet cream cheese glaze. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, and dessert!
I feel like we all fall into one of two camps: raisin lover or raisin hater. Clearly when I choose recipes from a fellow food blogger’s fab-o cookbook like cinnamon raisin bread pancakes and share recipes on my own site like cinnamon raisin English muffin toast,
I fall FIRMLY into raisin lover land. No apologies. I like them in my cookies. I like them in my trail mix. And I for sure like them in my toast.
So. When I was working on breakfast recipes to share with you this month I kept coming back to those loaves of cinnamon scented raisin bread -- the ones that are elevated exponentially by a golden toasting and a generous helping of butter. LOVE.
I have had this recipe parked on my Google drive since last month because lately I seem to be afflicted by something that most people call ‘mom brain’. I remember things and then I forget them.
And then I remember them in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping. But then in the morning I forget them again.
The only problem with calling this mom brain is that my kids are GROWN.
I mean, they still live here and frazzle my nerves on the regular, but they are 13 and 16, so they can make themselves cereal and sandwiches (although cleaning up after scrambling an egg or making a PB & J is something we have yet to master), can brush their own teeth, and can technically even run the washing machine.
Even with all this working in their favor though, these growing dudes manage to sufficiently distract me enough to make me feel like I may actually be suffering from MAN DISEASE. Which means it’s contagious.
These are dangerous times. Dangerous times call for really simple recipes. Today’s really simple recipe is this cinnamon raisin bread pudding with a gorgeous, shiny cream cheese drizzle.
Raisin bread = breakfast, but you can certainly serve this as dessert.
Next time we talk I’ll tell you all about starting a grease fire in my kitchen last week which subsequently set off 2 fire alarms and notified the fire department, all while 7 dogs barked at me through the deafening noise.
P.S. Raisin Lovers: Please try this amaretto cinnamon raisin bread recipe!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe
IngredientsFor the Pudding:
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Cut into cubes, 16 ounces
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk, Or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toss the cinnamon raisin bread with the melted butter and scrape everything into an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish. A 9” pie plate works well, too.
- Whisk together the milk, brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the bread pudding bakes, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add the milk or cream, light corn syrup (gives the glaze a pretty shine), vanilla, and salt. Beat until smooth.
- When the bread pudding comes out of the oven, pour the cream cheese glaze over the top (you can reserve some for serving).
- Serve warm.
- Heather Tullos
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Cinnamon, Baked, Casseroles, Easy, Sauces, Baking
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Cinnamon Recipes, Baked Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Easy Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Baking Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving