Christmas Morning Monkey Bread RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Christmas Morning Monkey Bread couldn't be more perfect for Christmas morning. Simple and delicious!
I know, I know. My Christmas morning meals all basically consist of fancied up versions of refrigerated biscuit dough, but really. Christmas Morning Casserole was a hit, and does anyone really want to cook on Christmas morning? Because I don’t.
On Christmas morning I want to stay in pajamas as long as humanly possible. I want an extra cup of coffee and I want to wear fuzzy socks. I don’t want to fix my hair and puh-leeeez do not try to take my picture, because unless my mom put new lipgloss in my stocking? I am so not wearing make up.
I want no part of stoves or dishes. Give me a Christmas napkin and call it a successful morning, k thanks.
I had this idea for a while, this gingerbread monkey bread Christmas morning thing. It took me a few tries to get it to come to fruition though because molasses are sticky. Sticky meant that extra steps were required to keep my really gorgeous Christmas Morning Monkey Bread from sticking to my bundt (fluted tube) pan.
Side note: why does spell check always hate on the word “bundt”? Should I always capitalize it or something?
Anyway. The trick is butter. And then more butter. If you have a pan with less fluting, then use that plus line it with parchment paper, and then use ore butter. The point to all this is that though delicious, molasses can make your cake life really hard.
One more little tip is to spray your measuring spoon with non-stick cooking spray before measuring the molasses. You’re welcome.
Other Christmas morning breakfasts you should consider for stuffing your face include this Cherry Cheesecake Monkey Bread Recipe (yes that’s breakfast shut up), this Maple Bacon Pull Apart Bread, and!! Crescent Roll Breakfast Bake.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Christmas Morning Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 8 count cans Grands Biscuits
- 1 can Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 10 cup bundt pan, line it with parchment paper and then butter the parchment paper.
- Cut the biscuits and cinnamon rolls into quarters.
- In a larger plastic zipper bag, add the granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves. Shake until everything is uniformly combined. Add the biscuit pieces 4 at a time to the bag. Shake to coat the pieces and then layer them in the prepared pan.
- Alternate the cinnamon roll pieces in between the biscuit pieces.
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and molasses in a small saucepan. Stir to combine and them pour it over the layered coated dough in the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let is cool for 10 minutes before turning it out into the pan.
- Best served warm!
- Heather Tullos
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Christmas, Holidays, Cinnamon, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Cinnamon Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 10 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving