- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted twice
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and butter. Beat them together until fluffy, then mix in milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour, stirring in until just combined. If the dough is too dry, you can add a few more drops of milk until you have a cohesive dough.
- Knead the dough on a board until smooth. Shape into balls (about 20).
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil one-inch deep in large skillet to 360°F.
- Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface, making a thin 6-inch circle (about the size and shape of a tortilla. Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon topping while warm, and drizzle with honey.
- The Editors at Food Fanatic
- Cooking Method:
- Deep Fried
- Desserts, Mexican, Deep Fried, Fried, Cinnamon
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Deep Fried Recipes, Fried Recipes, Cinnamon Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 20 Buñuelos
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: The Editors at Food Fanatic
Recipe Yields: 20 Buñuelos
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size 1 Buñuelo
Servings Per Recipe 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 43Calories 122
% Daily Value*
8%Total Fat 5g
15%Saturated Fat 3g
5%Total Carbohydrate 15g
1%Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrition Facts are estimated based on ingredients and data provided by Fat Secret. Please consult a doctor if you have special dietary needs.