Banana Oatmeal Cookies RecipeKristy Still | Mommy Hates Cooking
Banana Oatmeal Cookies use up those ripe bananas in a delicious way. You'll be grabbing another!
I have a serious addiction to one particular food - cookies. My addiction runs deep too, I particularly love the chocolate chips that go into cookies. So much so that I keep a bag frozen in the freezer at all times. When I need a little pick me up, I stop by and grab a handful of chocolate chips. Then, I tell myself those calories don’t count.
It’s better than eating a whole cookie, right? Well, it’s probably just as bad. My cookie addiction has trickled down to my daughter too. She’s obsessed with cookies! There are certain stores I can no longer drive by or I hear this high-pitched voice squealing in the backseat, "cookie, cookie, cookie!" It then turns to screaming when she realizes we have passed her beloved cookie stop.
This past week though, I made my kids' day when I greeted them with a plate of banana oatmeal cookies. Of course, these are probably a healthier version than a traditional chocolate chip, but they are still tasty and perfect for a treat. We also like to make variations of these by adding chocolate chips to them too.
This time though, I skipped the chocolate and served them up with a side of cold milk. My husband was thrilled to see these too. Considering the cold days we had this past winter and were having this particular day, this was a welcome surprise when he walked in the door.
I made these cookies by adapting my favorite oatmeal raisin cookies. These cookies are more soft and moist than the traditional oatmeal cookie because of the bananas. They reminded me of a cake-style cookie.
My kids ate one, and then minutes later they were begging me for another. My family loved these, and I am sure you will too!
What is your favorite cookie?
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter, Softened and diced
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 medium Bananas, Mashed
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients, in the order listed, in a mixing bowl or stand mixer, then mix well.
- Drop by the tablespoon on an ungreased cookie sheet, placing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies and cool for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Kristy Still
- Cooking Method:
- Cookies, Baking, Bananas, Oatmeal, Desserts, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Baked, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Cookie Recipes, Baking Recipes, Banana Recipes, Oatmeal Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 36 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristy Still
Recipe Yields: 36 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Amount Per Serving